Monday, October 18, 2010

I haven't blogged in almost a year. Why you might ask, life. My life has gotten in the way of me doing something I love to do. Write. This morning as I laid in bed, I felt the cool fall breeze blow over me. I huddled under my blankets and cuddled next to my 6 year old. It was one of those mornings that I wished I was still a stay at home mom homeschooling her two sons. The reality is I am a working mother pushing her sons into a school for 8 hours a day. I spend 8 hours doing busy work for people who are making far more money then I am. I should be thankful. It's a job. It's a good job. With the way unemployment keeps rising today, people would give their right arm for my job. Yet for me its a painful task every day to do something I gain nothing from and send my boys away to be in the assembly line like the rest of the sheep.

I wish I could play hooky today. The boys and I could run through the forest collecting leaves. We could hit the beach and watch winter roll in. I could read to them and we could discuss our book. I could bake a nice apple pie with them and as we work we can talk about fractions and the scientfic process of baking a pie.  In a better world I would have a cute little B&B and cook big meals for my visitors as my sons and daughter helped me serve our guest. As a family we would have this wonderful place for people to escape the miserably jobs they hate and the life they seem to be "just living" instead of being a part of life.

But its almost 7:30 and I have to go. Time to get to that "good job" and send my kids to that "good school" so I can be like the rest of us marching to the beat of someone else's drum.

1 comment:

  1. ((((((((hug))))))))))) Tina. Please take the time to reflect on where you will truly find your happiness.. Your in my thoughts my friend... ♥

    ReplyDelete